Friday, December 15, 2006

Rainy Quetzaltenango

From Santa Rosa de Copan to Copan Ruinas to Antigua to Quetzaltenango. One night in each place, travelling for several hours each day. Not really ideal, but it is part of the price that I paid for going to El Salvador. El Salvador was amazing, and I am so glad that I went.
Copan Ruinas were interesting, but overpriced for what was available to see. The guide books were quite expensive at more than $20, so I didn't pick one up. I ended up wandering around for 3 hours, and took around 100 photos, hoping that some would turn out okay.
After that, I jumped on a noon bus to Antigua. There is a lot of traffic in Guatemala city right now because of the holidays and road work, and it took about 2 hours longer than is should have to get to Antigua - a total of 8.5 hours.
I spent the night in the hostel that I stayed at before, saw some familiar faces, and then went to bed. I got up early and took three different buses to get to Quetzaltanango, also called Xela [shayla]. I was planning on a trek for the weekend and to climb the tallest mountain in central america, but it is pouring rain here, so I dont know how that is going to work out. If I end up having to stay around
here, it will be okay, because I will head to Todos Santos in the mountains, and also have a chance to see some other mountain towns.
Now, off to find a new home and see what is in store for the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home