Thursday, December 07, 2006

El Salvador? That isn´t in Guatemala!

Spontenaeity is the key with travelling.
The past few days have been amazing. Spanish school was a bit much at
8 hours per day, so I had to cut it down to six. I did that for the
last two days, so I had one more day at four hours. I met a german guy
in class who has been travelling for six months and I have spent a
fair bit of time with him. I have broken a little bit, and have spoken
english with people, but I am trying to speak spanish as much as I
can. A couple days there, I was really happy to meet some english
speaking people, but now my spanish is getting a little more fluid,
and I enjoy being able to speak it.
Last night, I went with a group to a local active volcano. It wasn´t
so active yesterday, but there were some hot spots. One Swedish guy
brough along sticks and marshmellows, and we roasted them over the
lava!
Today was my last day of classes, and I spent the time asking my
instructor questions and answering hers. We didn´t cover any new
grammar today. I also bought a spanish newspaper and will read it over
the next couple days.
And this is the good part. The Swedish guy, Claes, told me about his
travelling plans to go to El Salvador, and go hiking in El Parque
Nacionals De Imposible. With such a fantastic name, I couldn´t turn it
down. This guy has some skills in getting around on the cheap, and was
telling me about how he travelled in SE Asia in the same places that I
did for around $360 last year. I am going to try to pick up on his
skills.
Tonight, I stay in a hostel called Jungle Party Hostel. It was the
cheapest I could find over lunch and in the area that I wanted.
If I don´t write for the next few days, it is only because I am having
a great time.
Buenos Noches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home